Education through physical experiences is the guiding philosophy behind all activities held in each Physical Education class. The goal is to help students pick up lifetime skills such as inclusiveness, attentiveness, respect, authenticity, excellence, working on a team, conflict resolution, sharing, handling success and failure, decision making, appreciation, and the like through physical education activities. Students not only experience these during activities, but are actually taught these skills through problem solving activities, debriefing on a daily basis, assessments based on these philosophies, and age appropriate levels of intervention by trained professionals. At Scholars Global School, we believe that Physical Education is a significant indicator of robustness of spirit. The lessons learnt on playfields are far more enduring than those learnt in classrooms. We believe in educating students through physical activities on the basis of the following criteria:
- Physical demonstration of skills and movement patterns, strategies and tactics of the application and learning of these skills.
- Participation in physical fitness activities on a regular basis during school as well as beyond.
- Understanding, maintaining and developing fitness concepts, leading to a health enhancing lifestyle.
- Development of responsible personal and social behaviour that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Valuing physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.